Thursday, June 7, 2007

Testing times

I always wanted a license for riding bikes and it was time to approach a driving school for getting it... And that's the procedure. I got the learner's license in no time n I was asked to come a month later. The driving school fella looked like a cross between a mongrel and a pig n his name was Sundaram(dunno how ppl name so). Anyway, he asked me to come for a test at the RTO office. And went there at the time he told and that was to make me to wait for another 3 hours. Watever happens, that bloody Sundaram(we'll call him mopi from now) wants everybody to be sittin in those broken benches outside the offices at 9.a.m. though the test starts only at 12.noon. After a wait, the inspector came at 12.30 in the noon(U can't blame it.. that's how it is in government offices) and soon It was my turn to put an 8 with my vehicle between the stones placed on the roads. If the fella who introduced this exam comes before me, I'll abuse him with all the bad words I know. And his F***** mopi didn't even gimme his kinetic honda for a practice. And when I sat on it for the test, the scooter hardly budged. with great difficulty, I finished the first part of the 8. When i tried for the second curve, the honda stopped n I had to put down my legs, n that's it. Disqualified!!! Mopi could have asked me to leave for my home. but rather asked me to get back to the bench and wait there. and I had to wait for another two hours or so. And out came mopi n never even bothered to tell me that I had failed. I asked him abt the result n she said "Nee fail pa... adutha vaaram vaa"(you have failed... come next week..) So i had to leave home in a crowded bus. didn't go to the driving school for some 4 months cos of exams n college. after the semesters, I went to the driving school. mopi looked at me as if some alien has come there. I had to tell him my name as he recognized me at once.. And I was asked to come for a re-test the next day. I went there in my bike around 10.a.m knowing wat'll happen if i raech there at 9.a.m. the test started around 11.a.m. I was the third person to undertake the test. though I had been practicing since morning. The momentI was asked to start the test, I took a huge curve thinking that it'll make things simpler for making the second curve of the 8 easier. But asusual, I ended fucking this time too, as the bike stopped abruptly in the course. I tried to convince mopi to arrange for the license somehow. and I also was asked to pay some 50 bucks for some flag day. As he asked me to wait, I was almost sure of getting the license this time around. I waited for some 2 hours again as some driving tests for cars were going on. I saw mopi entering the office with the inspector, which made somewhat confident. He started calling out the names for taking photographs for license, n alas! he did'nt call out any shriram. I was hugely dissappointed as even some gals made a mockery of the test driving easily with their scooty. I went up n asked mopi wat the problem was. Out came mopi with a reply. "romba try pannen pa.. mudiyalla.. naalaikku va.. eppadiyaavathu unakki license vangi thanduren"(I tried asking the inspector, but in vain. come tomorrow, I'll get u the license surely). At the other end, my dad was shouting at me that I wasn't even fit for getting a license done. I went the next d ay again to the rto office thinking that I'll get one surely by today. Mopi came there after some half an hour after I reached the RTO. He got in giving a sile at me. After some 20 minutes, he came out telling that I wasn't allowed for a test today and asked me to come after a week.. I was almost furious at him now. I just left the place informing my dad about wat happened. So both me and my dad went at evening and asked wat was wrong. He said that today wasn't ' his slot n he almost promised us to get it the next week. So, I had to go there to the RTo the next week.. (Keep a count on the no. of visits to RTO). this time, I made it with my dad. And soon, It was the time for the test. And I happened to finish the test succesfully this time around. My happiness knew no bounds. Mopi called out my name n I was the first person of the day to take the photograph. And soon I had a license in my hands. And after all the things happened, I should also be thankful to mopi!!!

No comments: