Friday, June 1, 2007

Hour glass over a sour glass


It was during our 3rd year tour that I got into this opportunity to drink a beer. most of the guys in my class have more than a glass of beer. but I refrained from them. We had umpteen number of visits to pondicherry. But It was jus a normal trip for me. Though teachers used to accompany us, The guys get to the last row of the bus and start the pooja. I used to watch them in delirium, the way they talk n dance. We had a nice time in kindling up their spirits and the amount if fun was out of bound. All these happened months before the tour. We six of us stayed in Bangalore for two days. That's where people got into the real party mode. Almost 12 of us were in the room with bottles of beer and whiskey. I was the lone figure to sit there and watch them having fun. The beer fest was almost over and most of them went back to their respective rooms all sloshed up. Jus 3 of us were left in our room. Myself, deepak n nilesh. They were brooding over the two beer bottles that were left unopened. That's when nilesh asked me if I can have a glass for myself. I don't know how I gave a nod, and there was a glass of beer infront of me. The t.v was on and it was a match of much awaited response from al of us, Man.utd vs Arsenal. I kept the glass onto my mouth and let my tongue to feel the cold beer. Was very sour the first time. But loved the fizz. And I sipped some of it. Was like some weird stuff passing through my throat. Though I loved it, within fifteen minutes, the glass was empty. Then i stopped with another half glass of beer. And then these words came out my mouth "Now, That's more like it"...

No comments: